Question Spectrix D60G RGB ram + Asus Z490-V

Dec 3, 2020
Spectrix D60G RGB RAM Getting Stuck On Color After Boot - MB is ASUS PRIME Z490-V

Hey All -
New to the forums here, and have a relatively new build so I was hoping someone could help me out!

As mentioned in the Subject, after I boot into windows, my RAM gets stuck on a color. It is set to "Rainbow" mode through ASUS Armoury Crate, and it continues to go through the rainbow mode even when booting. However, I am not sure if a certain program loads, or what the case may be, after about 30 seconds after booting into Windows, it freezes on whatever color it was on. I have tried to uninstall Armoury Crate and reintstall, and that hasn't fixed it (yes, I right-clicked properties of the zip file and unblocked it). I also made a batch file that restarts "LightingService" and that fixes the stuck color for the rest of the time my PC is on. However, it's a bandaid, not a solution sadly.

Anyone have any ideas what could be the issue? This is my first PC that has a heavier lean towards the "RGB" factor, so any and all help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see what BIOS version you're on at the moment, for your motherboard. If you have any BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest version. Take note of any MEI installs that need to be followed in between BIOS updates. Avoid BETA BIOS unless you're very desperate.

That being said, which ram slots are populated on the motherboard? Did you install the Armory Crate app of the latest revision and in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?(or was that what you meant by unlocking?)

Dec 3, 2020
Thanks for the greeting!

My BIOS is currently up-to-date. I double-checked ASUS's website for my model, and I have the recent version. There is a Beta version out there, but I did not download it as of yet (not super desperate as of yet!).

I have two 8 GB sticks, and they are seated in the 2nd and 4th RAM slots (my perspective looking at it through the PC glass). As far as Armoury Crate, I did install the latest version. I don't think I ran it as Admin, however I saw a post somewhere else that you have to right-click > Properties > "Unblock" on the zip file, for it to install properly, which I did try. Do you think reseating the RAM would help? It seems like a software issue to me...

TRENDING THREADS