Speed and Duplex settings on the NIC card

It appears to me that when you change these settings it does not require a
reboot. So my question is has anyone encountered a situation where in XP if
you change the speed and duplex settings on the nic it required a reboot.

"Preston" <Preston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It appears to me that when you change these settings it does not require a
> reboot. So my question is has anyone encountered a situation where in XP
if
> you change the speed and duplex settings on the nic it required a reboot.

Win2000 & WinXP PCs do not require a reboot in
this situation.

As long as the drivers are correct versions for Windows 2000 or XP.