Speed Fan Error! Not Starting..

PC First

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
Hey everyone, I've got a problem with speed fan where I boot up Speedfan and it says

' The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it'

It worked fine before but now all of a sudden it just stopped working... I have tried disabling Smart fan control in the bios but its still not working. Specs are below:

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
RAM: Kingston DDR3 @ 1333Mhz
Motherboard: GigaByte G41M-Combo Intel With G41 Chipset (Brand new)
Graphics Card: Radeon R7 360 2GB GDDR5 Factory Overclocked
Power Supply: Zalman ZM400LE @ 400 Watts (Brand new)

Solution
do you use it to control fans or watch temps? I just use it to monitor temps,

here are a few alternatives: http://alternativeto.net/software/fan-control/

PC First

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

Hey there thank you so much for the reply!! appreciate it alot! I read it but how do I run SpeedFan with a command line? Do I have to go into a config??

Colif

Win 11 Master
find shortcut to speedfan on desktop
right click it, choose properties
at the end of the target field, add /NOACPISCAN
Press OK

the fix is meant to be in place now though, what version are you using as I am on 4.52... its worth a try though

PC First

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

Ohh right yeah I put it in and still not working unfortunately. I am also on v4.52 is it maybe because my CPU is over clocked to 3Ghz?? I have no idea haha

Colif

Win 11 Master
I was about to say he hasn't released a new version in a few years and then i looked at your Motherboard, and figured that was unlikely to be the reason.

You could try repairing the install of Speedfan. Go to control panel>Programs>add/remove programs
find speedfan and highlight it and click the uninstall/change option from menu at top - this should allow you to fix the install.
another choice is uninstall it and reinstall it again.

PC First

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

Hey there, Tried it and still nothing... I think my computer is just retarded

[PC] :gun:

PC First

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

Thank you for that! I installed a fan yesterday and its connected to the motherboard with 3pin and I would like to control it because its a bit out but maybe I might just get a physical fan controller its probably going to be the easiest way, Thanks for the help anyway!!
:):):):)