Speed Test Web Site

Hi.

I'm connecting from Japan but sometimes its condition gets so bad.
Thus I need to know exact ADSL connection speed from here Japan
to US/Canada. Then could you let me know proper Web site where
I can check ADSL connection speed there?

Thanks in advance.

pavel

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003

It's offtopic here. What do you mean under "exact ADSL connection speed"?
You may have full 8 Mbit/s to your national backbone, but you never know
your ISP's connectivity to the world unless you ask them. Supposing you know
about what TCP latency is, your speed between US west coast and your home
should be at least about 100 Kbytes/sec, although most of the modern OSes
will give you up to 500 Kbytes/sec by default. Remember, the farther the
site is located from you, the slower speed you get.

--
Pavel

"M.Miura" <mmiura@sysynt.com> $B'c'`'`'R'k'Z'](B/$B'c'`'`'R'k'Z']'Q(B $B'S(B
$B'_'`'S'`'c'd'q'g(B $B'c']'V'U'e'p'k'V'V(B:
> Hi.
>
> I'm connecting from Japan but sometimes its condition gets so bad.
> Thus I need to know exact ADSL connection speed from here Japan
> to US/Canada. Then could you let me know proper Web site where
> I can check ADSL connection speed there?
>
> Thanks in advance.

ADSL does NOT guarantee a speed.. there are many factors that can affect the
speed at which file transfer occurs..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user