[SOLVED] Speed/Timing question

damienleyden04

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
Hi guys,

I have recently upgraded from an i7-4770 to a new Ryzen build. The ram I picked up is the Corsair LPX 3600 c20, 16gb kit. I didn't realise at the time the c20 on the ram, I only saw a good price at the time.

There are currently price decreases on various memory kits here in Australia at the moment. I'm currently weighing up whether to swap out what I have for either 3000mhz c15 Vengeance pro or 3200mhz c16 LPX. Is it worth looking at?

Currently running Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.2ghz on a B450 Tomahawk, 1tb Samsung Evo Plus nvme, 500gb Samsung 860 Evo

Solution
Nice one mate. With xmp enabled on my bios, it runs at c20 for me, so no lowering out of the box for me. I will play with the timings, I'd be happy with c18. Anything lower than c20 I'd be sweet.

ya man, I was looking for more information on their forums, and it seems that the vengeance pro kits used to have C16, for some reason they went up to 18 on newer models, got myself this one:
https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categ.../Vengeance-PRO-RGB-Black/p/CMW32GX4M2D3600C18

maybe i got out lucky or they actually are the same C16 kits upped to improve stability, the sad part is that I cannot run 1T command rate, did you check yours for command rate? if you manage to get em running at 1T thats already a good...

Lutfij

Titan
I'd say leave them as is. In fact, see if you can manually tighten the timings on your ram kit in BIOS. FYI, you should parse a link to the ram kit you're currently working on. Which two slots are you populating on the motherboard? Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

Reactions: damienleyden04
Im surprised at a C20 3600, though from what i saw in several comparisons, the difference inst someting to be alarmed at all, also, you could most likely lower those timings to C18, even C16 with some luck, and then you'd be golden, no need to swap.

Idk if it was a lucky shot, but i just recently bought a 3600C18 vengeance pro from corsair, and right out of the bat it ran c16 perfectly fine, so, pure gold for me, give it a shot, c18 is already perfectly fine.

Reactions: damienleyden04

damienleyden04

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
I'd say leave them as is. In fact, see if you can manually tighten the timings on your ram kit in BIOS. FYI, you should parse a link to the ram kit you're currently working on. Which two slots are you populating on the motherboard? Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2C3600C20

This is ram I have, they are in the a2, b2 slots and the motherboard is on current version..... I will have to double check that though

damienleyden04

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
Im surprised at a C20 3600, though from what i saw in several comparisons, the difference inst someting to be alarmed at all, also, you could most likely lower those timings to C18, even C16 with some luck, and then you'd be golden, no need to swap.

Idk if it was a lucky shot, but i just recently bought a 3600C18 vengeance pro from corsair, and right out of the bat it ran c16 perfectly fine, so, pure gold for me, give it a shot, c18 is already perfectly fine.
Nice one mate. With xmp enabled on my bios, it runs at c20 for me, so no lowering out of the box for me. I will play with the timings, I'd be happy with c18. Anything lower than c20 I'd be sweet.

ya man, I was looking for more information on their forums, and it seems that the vengeance pro kits used to have C16, for some reason they went up to 18 on newer models, got myself this one:
https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categ.../Vengeance-PRO-RGB-Black/p/CMW32GX4M2D3600C18

maybe i got out lucky or they actually are the same C16 kits upped to improve stability, the sad part is that I cannot run 1T command rate, did you check yours for command rate? if you manage to get em running at 1T thats already a good boost there, regardless dont stress too much about it, the difference isn't noticeable to the eye, you see differences of about 10fps on 100's, but like 2-3 when playing at or close to 60, negligible

Solution

TRENDING THREADS