sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
"Fan 3" on speedfan 4.29 reports over 300,000rpm, even with the fan divisor set at 20. Then it will report 0, then back to 300,000+ rpm. My "Fan3" is connected to the PWM port at the bottom center of the board, near the USB headers. Its a PWM fan (so is the CPU fan)

The cpu fan sensor is erratic too, but not as much - its only off by about 1000 rpm.

Has anyone gotten speedfan to work properly with this board? what are your settings?

rr44

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
I have no idea about Speed fan and the speed.

My Cpu fan just turns a quarter revolution when I switch the computer on and may be twitch to move but does not.

It starts moving only when the diagnostics and detection are over and window screen start coming on.

I was sure it must have fried the first time I switched the comp on ,but now it is 3 weeks and looks like it is normal.

Intel stock cooler with E66oo.

fxtl

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
It's normal, it's temperature controlled. I have a huge Scythe Ninja heatsink, and the fan doesn't spin much at all unless the cpu cores are both in 100% load :) One drawback: it might affect the overall case temperature. My case temp is a bit on the high side, so I disabled the temp control. The CPU fan is 12 cm/800 RPM, so it's still inaudible.

HYST3R

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
I have no idea about Speed fan and the speed.

My Cpu fan just turns a quarter revolution when I switch the computer on and may be twitch to move but does not.

It starts moving only when the diagnostics and detection are over and window screen start coming on.

I was sure it must have fried the first time I switched the comp on ,but now it is 3 weeks and looks like it is normal.

Intel stock cooler with E66oo.

if your using speedfan try disabling the auto speed function, that should start your fan up right. if not, id make sure that fan is connected to the mobo correctly and check in the bios to see if "Q-Fan" is enabled or not.

billyc

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2005
Did you ever resolve your rpm issue? My cpu fan shows as 1350000 on speedfan, I'm on a DS3 and smartfan is disabled. Easytune shows 2570 which is about right for the arctic freezer 7 pro.