Question speedfan not detecting cpu fan?

Dec 28, 2019
hello
afox motherboard cpu fan
It works loudly and nois.
speedfan not detecting cpu fan?
How do you change the speed cpu fan?

CompuTronix

Intel Master
good10,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

CPU fan speed is measured through the motherboard's Super I/O (Input / Output) chip. Since SpeedFan hasn't been updated for several years, certain chipsets are not present in SpeedFan's database, which may be why you don't see CPU fan speed. Also, you may need to click on the "Configure" button, then check the "Fans" and "Speeds" tabs to enable your CPU fan to be visible under the "Readings" tab, where the program initially opens.

Moreover, since SpeedFan has a steep learning curve, it can be a bit overwhelming, even for experienced users. Consequently, you need to be willing to invest the time necessary to get yourself up to speed on this rather complex utility. To walk you through it and explain it to you, someone would need to write a SpeedFan Guide.

Instead, please refer to the "speedfan.chm" help file in SpeedFan's folder, as well as SpeedFan's FAQs on their website for more information.

Also, when posting questions, always include full system specs such as:

CPU
Cooler
Memory
Motherboard
Graphics Card
Ambient temperature

Once again, welcome aboard!

CT :sol:

Dec 28, 2019
tank you
cpu intel i5
cooler: cooler master 212, bequiet 008 .
mother board : Afox 81
Ambient temperature 20C

how can update motherboard?

What are the steps to solve the processor fan sound problem؟

Dec 28, 2019
the problem:
The processor fan stays on the same speed :
when the computer is on, and even while the computer is idle too?
Note: There is no graphics card.

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
tank you
cpu intel i5
cooler: cooler master 212, bequiet 008 .
mother board : Afox 81
Ambient temperature 20C

how can update motherboard?

What are the steps to solve the processor fan sound problem؟
If you know how to go In to the bios sometimes you can change the cpu fan speed either it will give you percentages or “performance” or “quiet” modes. I’ve had motherboards that don’t like some fans and makes them run at full speed unless I decrease the fan speed to 2-5%.

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
Possibly you can change it with speedfan but it doesn’t support all motherboards it’s worth a try if it doesn’t work you might need to get a different fan like a noctua fan