SpeedFan not detecting my AMD Ryzen 7 CPU

ringmany

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2014
Hi everyone,

I purchased some new hardware, swapped from Intel to an AMD Ryzen 7 1700. I used to have SpeedFan configured on my Intel CPU where I had the fans turned off, until the CPU went above 50 degrees then I would increase 10% at a time.

Brand new installation of Windows, started up Speedfan and it won't show the CPU temp on there:

ZQ7PJIV.png

My fans do support RPM and have been working on the old Intel CPU. I'm using the latest version of Speedfan 4.52. It isn't showing the fans either when going into configure.

I've used other software such as HWMonitor and CAM and they are all showing the temps and fan speed:

iS7swD4.png

9R1wctW.png

I've read every article I can find. They suggest that SpeedFan is configured for both Intel and AMD. My current hardware is:

AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor
Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard

Do you believe that it's simply that SpeedFan isn't updated to support the above hardware, or is there something else going on? My CPU temp does show in my BIOS. I've configured it to run at 20% speed until the CPU goes above 50, but the fans are always on 100%.

I want to use a software that allows me to control my case fans speed depending on the CPU temp to make it silent.

Any suggestions? Let me know if you need any other details. Cheers.

ringmany

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2014

That's a shame. I loved the software. It's been quite a while since I upgraded my specs on my Intel PC.

Any suggestions for updated software that allows me to control case fans and monitor CPU temp? Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS