Speedfan Stops Working in 64 Bit Windows 10

Madagu257

Reputable
Dec 12, 2015
I had been using Speedfan successfully to control temps on my graphics overclock on my Lenovo m58p 7630 AY6 in 32 bit Windows 7 and upgrade to Windows 10. When doing a clean install to 64 bit Windows 10, Speedfan now doesn't recognize the CPU fan or allow for control of it.

The CPU (q9450), GPU (GT 730 2Gb GDDR5) and HDD are still recognized but when I try the fix setting it by going into "Configure" > "Advanced" > "Chip" only these options are available and no longer the SMbus, which I never had to mess with on this hardware because it always auto detected just fine. The fan is plugged in and working, just running at automatic levels. I've tried updating Lenovo Driver's as well as resetting BIOS to no effect.

The CPU fan is key to the graphics overclock on the Lenovo m58's in the SFF case design. It is the only intake fan and directly blows into the case next to the PCI-e slot, so regardless of the CPU temperature if you are running a graphics intensive program the GPU gets significant cooling by running the CPU fan at 100%.

This hardware had been working great to run top newer titles at lower settings with my overclocks so I'm not looking for advice like "buy a new MOBO". If there is anything you can think of that may get Speedfan to recognize the CPU fan as before, please help!

Lutfij

Titan
Just so we're sure, you're sourcing yuor drivers and BIOS updates from here right?

Warning their is a know issue with some systems on overclocks exhibiting a degradation of OS performance and the OS's files themselves. The GPU overclocks are also to account for the mishaps on most of the systems crashing on Windows 10. Now that the warning is out of the way ( :) ) have you tried running Speedfan under compatibility mode in Windows 10?

Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility tab>Windows 7 [from drop down menu]

...I'm not looking for advice like "buy a new MOBO".
I couldn't suggest adding more money on an aging pre-built machine. Though its great to see you're rocking an Intel Core @ Quad in your life ;) Kudos!