Speeding up signature based scanners...

The temp & temporary internet files in user profiles considerably slows down
the scanning process going through junk temp files, especially if there are
over 10 users on the system. I know sometimes scumware hides in there, but we
would like to just delete them using a script.

As Admin, is there any way to delete all local user's temp & temporary
internet files from thier profiles using a script ?

--
"Talk Nerdy to Me"

Automate Disk Cleanup using Task Scheduler in Windows XP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Automate.htm

Clearing Temporary Internet Files
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/clearxptif.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Nick Leh" wrote:

| The temp & temporary internet files in user profiles considerably slows down
| the scanning process going through junk temp files, especially if there are
| over 10 users on the system. I know sometimes scumware hides in there, but we
| would like to just delete them using a script.
|
| As Admin, is there any way to delete all local user's temp & temporary
| internet files from thier profiles using a script ?
|

| --
| "Talk Nerdy to Me"

That is easy enough, and i have considered disk cleanup...but I was under the
impression that this will only clean up that particular user account and not
the other user's temp/TIF files. Is this correct? Even MS anti spyware has a
tracks eraser that can do the job but it only does deletes temp/TIF of the
user logged in and not everyones...I am trying to get all local users in one
swoop...
--
"Talk Nerdy to Me"