Question Speeds seem somewhat slow compared to other people with ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB, does this look right?

dagobert

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
I have an Asus Tuf Gaming x570 Plus Wi-Fi board and have this installed in the M.2_1 socket.
Should this have been installed in the M.2_2 socket instead? Because I'm looking at tests done by others and they seem to be getting faster speeds than I am. What am I doing wrong here?
GKAAG4P.png

Looking at some people's tests, it seems like they're getting a lot higher read and writes. I bought this a few months ago and only just now decided to test it out.

Numbers look okay to me. I mean, a lot of sites will be showing Q32T1 for the top row rather than Q8T1, you're going to score lower with lower queue depth. Q1T1 is single queue depth which is more realistic anyway. Most important is 4K and yours look solid. Considering the drive is used and 39% filled, I don't see any issues personally.

FYI though there are 3 possible drivers for that drive's controller which may alter results a bit. You won't have any issues using the stock/Microsoft NVMe driver, however.

Reactions: dagobert
Jul 13, 2020
Maxxify,

I have a sx8200 pro 512gb that is very slow (800mb tops). Did not find updated drivers, but I think it worth a try.

Would you mind explaining how to obtain these drivers.?

Kindly

Numbers look okay to me. I mean, a lot of sites will be showing Q32T1 for the top row rather than Q8T1, you're going to score lower with lower queue depth. Q1T1 is single queue depth which is more realistic anyway. Most important is 4K and yours look solid. Considering the drive is used and 39% filled, I don't see any issues personally.

FYI though there are 3 possible drivers for that drive's controller which may alter results a bit. You won't have any issues using the stock/Microsoft NVMe driver, however.

Maxxify,

Would you mind explaining how to obtain these drivers.?

Intel Client NVMe Drivers and SMI Drivers. Installation of these drivers is not direct (you have to go through Device Manager and the Storage controller for the drive, then manually force-install), also if you're limited to 800 MB/s on sequential reads/writes you're probably limited by the M.2 socket.

Last edited: