Question Speedtest.net gives me 260mb/s which means around 30mbps, however on steam and battle.net i only get 10mbps

May 7, 2020
The title says it all.

I used to get 30mbps with the same cables and network. but now i get only 10mbps

Im using 5G router with full signal and on speedtest on every device im connected through ethernet cable is around 250-260mb/s.

but download speed is always maxed out at 10mbps

D

Deleted member 1560910

Are you hard wired ? This could be steams servers also check your location in steam in which you download

May 7, 2020
Its all hard wired using ethernet cable with 1.0 gigabit

i have tried downloading in Battle.net it also gives me around 10.5mbps

the nearest server to me is Saudi Arabia region and i live in that region as well.

May 7, 2020
Since you're on 5g wireless, there's no way to really know for sure since any variance in the network would affect your entire setup.

Its all connected through cables using Ethernet Cat6 cables. The tests are consistence so i dont think there is interference with the 5G signal from the router side.

Considering i had those speeds before from 25mbps to 30mbps as it was intended but suddenly it maxes out at 10mbps and sometimes 12mbps which makes me believe the cable can only deliver 100mb/s but speedtest says otherwise.

Any wireless is not reliable on any level. Someone literally farting in the wind can change the signal and hence the speed. I honestly do not think it is anything with your cabling since wired cabling does not change over time.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020
Any wireless is not reliable on any level. Someone literally farting in the wind can change the signal and hence the speed. I honestly do not think it is anything with your cabling since wired cabling does not change over time.

Like i said multiple times, its not wireless, if you are talking about the 5G signal, i have tested multiple times and its all the time same result.

The speedtest reports to me 260Mbps meanwhile on steam or battle.net it gives me around 70Mbps
Its not about the speed going up or down its about the two speeds are contradicting each other. Its either that or Speedtest report is false, however before long ago it gave me the same report and it worked on steam and battle.net giving me full of the 260Mbps speed.

If you have any experience concerning this weird contradicting issue that has no relevance to the wireless environment please share. Otherwise, this isn't helping at all.

Oh, I didn't realize that you had already done test that show the difference--yes, that is not normal.

Okay, so can you connect a system directly to the router and get the same speeds on a speedtest? Or are you already connected directly without any other switches in between?

May 7, 2020
Oh, I didn't realize that you had already done test that show the difference--yes, that is not normal.

Okay, so can you connect a system directly to the router and get the same speeds on a speedtest? Or are you already connected directly without any other switches in between?

I have tested it directly and it still gives same result, however i have used a laptop to test the speed and it gives me the same result as well.