SpellChecker Quit Working

Neighbor has approx. 9 mo. old Compaq system, running WinXP with Works
Suite (I believe). They called me this evening, because Spell Checker
suddenly quit working & no longer detects obvious (or any other)
spelling errors. They can click on the SpellCheck button & it goes thru
the motion, but it never comes up with an error or possible
substitution......basically saying that all is correct, when it isn't.

I vaguely seem to remember having seen something about this problem
somewhere in the past, but have come up short in my searches over the
past several hours. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right
direction for a solution for these people.

Carol2

http://michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm
Spell check

"Carol2" <walderac@NSprairietech.net> wrote in message
> Neighbor has approx. 9 mo. old Compaq system, running WinXP with Works
> Suite (I believe). They called me this evening, because Spell Checker
> suddenly quit working & no longer detects obvious (or any other)
> spelling errors. They can click on the SpellCheck button & it goes thru
> the motion, but it never comes up with an error or possible
> substitution......basically saying that all is correct, when it isn't.
>
> I vaguely seem to remember having seen something about this problem
> somewhere in the past, but have come up short in my searches over the
> past several hours. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right
> direction for a solution for these people.
>
> Carol2

Thanks, Taurarian..... The page is very clear & concise. They aren't
home yet this evening, but I'll go over later & see if we can get it to
work again. I told them I would ask here & get a good answer in short
order. 8^)

Carol2

"Taurarian Constellation" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:etbgGw0rEHA.1036@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...