Spells and Nondetection

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd (More info?)

Its been a while since I last asked a question, but if a character has nondetection cast on them,
then someone else casts an illusion on them, whouldn't the illusion show up, but not the character?

Also, since the spell description says that the creature or object touched is pritected, is the gear
on a character protected, ie will a detect magic make them light up like a christmas tree?

Jay Bebetze
the_goblin@mindspring.com
gbb301@jaguar1.usouthal.edu
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/6914
"Nam risu inepto res ineptior nulla est." Catullus, Roman Poet
There is nothing dumber than to grin at the wrong time.

"Jay Betbeze" <the_goblin@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Its been a while since I last asked a question, but if a character has
nondetection cast on them,
> then someone else casts an illusion on them, whouldn't the illusion show
up, but not the character?

how can an illusion be cast upon them if they cannot be seen. But is
non-detection a prevention against scrying and 'detect' type spells as
opposed to invisability.

> Also, since the spell description says that the creature or object touched
is pritected, is the gear
> on a character protected, ie will a detect magic make them light up like a
christmas tree?

see the previous answer.

PS. I haven't read the rules recently and am assuming 3.5e

the_gnome

> Jay Bebetze
> the_goblin@mindspring.com
> gbb301@jaguar1.usouthal.edu
> Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/6914
> "Nam risu inepto res ineptior nulla est." Catullus, Roman Poet
> There is nothing dumber than to grin at the wrong time.

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd (More info?)

Yes it applys to scrying and detection spells.
I guess I meant to say wouldn't the arua from the illusion cast on a character with non-dection
still show up, as well as the aruas form magic items if a Detect magic spell was cast?