Stef

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2002

I have lost many spies and some face trying to get spies into my
neighbours' cities. What influences this?

Does it help to wait a long time between attempts?

"Stef" <cellostiffie@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have lost many spies and some face trying to get spies into my
> neighbours' cities. What influences this?
>
> Does it help to wait a long time between attempts?

I cheat - save the game before trying to get a spy in.
If it gets caught reload game and try again later!

cellostiffie@hotmail.com (Stef) wrote in

> I have lost many spies and some face trying to get spies into my
> neighbours' cities. What influences this?
>
> Does it help to wait a long time between attempts?

Yes, you must wait at least a few turns after you fail or your next
attempt will fail as well.

--
ICQ: 8105495
AIM: KeeperGFA

"Fishman ><(((°>" <nospam@butfish.com> wrote in message

> "Stef" <cellostiffie@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have lost many spies and some face trying to get spies into my
>> neighbours' cities. What influences this?
>>
>> Does it help to wait a long time between attempts?
>
> I cheat - save the game before trying to get a spy in.
> If it gets caught reload game and try again later!

Why not just try an easier lvl or give yourself a good score and not switch
on the pc )

ATB
Chrimwinster

"Kevin 'Keeper' Foster" <thekeeper@canada.com> wrote in

> cellostiffie@hotmail.com (Stef) wrote in
>
>> I have lost many spies and some face trying to get spies into my
>> neighbours' cities. What influences this?
>>
>> Does it help to wait a long time between attempts?
>
> Yes, you must wait at least a few turns after you fail or your next
> attempt will fail as well.

I believe it is atleast 4 turns. I remember reading that somewhere on
Civfanatics, but cannot find the exact link.

The other thing to note is the type of government of the target civ also
seems to matter somewhat. Usually, I have many more failed attempts with
demoracies and republics and highest success rate with anarchy.

data64

"data64" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> "Kevin 'Keeper' Foster" <thekeeper@canada.com> wrote in
>
>> cellostiffie@hotmail.com (Stef) wrote in
>>
>>> I have lost many spies and some face trying to get spies into my
>>> neighbours' cities. What influences this?
>>>
>>> Does it help to wait a long time between attempts?
>>
>> Yes, you must wait at least a few turns after you fail or your next
>> attempt will fail as well.
>>

> I believe it is atleast 4 turns. I remember reading that somewhere on
> Civfanatics, but cannot find the exact link.

It's in one of the readme.txt files... i don't remember if it's one of the
expansions or not though.

In article <Xns9613E9844B163Data64privacynet@127.0.0.1>, data64 wrote:
> "Kevin 'Keeper' Foster" <thekeeper@canada.com> wrote in
>
>> cellostiffie@hotmail.com (Stef) wrote in
>>
>>> I have lost many spies and some face trying to get spies into my
>>> neighbours' cities. What influences this?
>>>
>>> Does it help to wait a long time between attempts?
>>
>> Yes, you must wait at least a few turns after you fail or your next
>> attempt will fail as well.
>>
> I believe it is atleast 4 turns. I remember reading that somewhere on
> Civfanatics, but cannot find the exact link.

IIRC, it was more like the following - there is a SpyAttemptFailed bit
that's set when an attempt fails. So long as this bit is set, you can
successfully get a spy. Now, this bit has a 1/3rd chance of clearing
every turn.

Note that this means that there's actually no surety that the bit will
ever be cleared (i.e., the number of turns has no upper bound), but the
expected number of turns is 3.