• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Spikes and dips in CPU speed and usage while stress testing R7 2700x

Jun 11, 2020
Hello,
This is my first post on here, so hello all! Please let me know if I"m missing any information. Here's my issue: On my ryzen 7 2700x during stress tests I see dips both the cpu usage and the clock speed when performing any stress test. It goes all the way down to 600 mhz during stress testing, then snaps back up to full speed. These screenshots are from stock settings doing a p95 stress test, with stock settings. However while overclocking the dips are more frequent. It seems like when set to stock settings the CPU will reach a max temp of 68 C then dip to 600 mhz. When overclocked to 4.1 ghz the cpu will reach a max temp of 81 then it will drop to 600 mhz. I'm using a 240 mm AIO cooler. ASROCK B450M-HDV MATX mobo

View: https://imgur.com/a/k6cgUAH

What can I do to fix this issue? Thanks in advance!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS