[SOLVED] Spikes, Stutters On All Video Games...

Mar 8, 2020
Hello

I've been getting spikes and stutters in all video games about a month ago on Windows 7.It was unplayable, blue screen every day (bootmgr is missing), then after that i got more problems and my PC would blue screen 5 minutes after turning it on.I reinstalled Windows (switched to Win10) and my issues were gone.Then acter a while it started stuttering again, blue screen a few times, i cleaned my PC Case and it didnt bluescreen, but countinued to stutter after 10 minutes, motly while driving, shooting, during explosions.My FPS is around 40-80 in GTA V on Very High, and when it spikes, it drops 5-40fps, so if it was 60 it would drop to 20 for an example, it depends.I started monitoring temperature.
GPU: 70° Usage: 99%
CPU: 70-80° Usage: 80% (drops to 40% when it spikes)

I've tried a lot of things:
-Windows Reinstall
-Disabling XboxDVR
-VSYNC
-Lowering graphic settings (it was even worse)
-Cleaning my PC from dust...

GPU: GTX 1050TI (2,5 YEARS OLD)
CPU:Intel i5 4690 3.5gHZ (4,5 yr old)
SSD 180GB (Windows is installed on ssd)
HDD 1TB
2x 4gb RAM
1080pMonitor ( i play all games on 1080p)

I've never had these problems.
If i can record a video, i will post it.

Solution
OK.

If playing games while "online" (with internet connection required for playing some games?), then there may be an issue with a slow internet connection. I can't advise further on that as this is out of my area. Maybe someone else can advise regarding internet connections.

If still can't resolve the issue, then maybe -

Suspect the video card may be "under-performing". Possibly the system memory might be a contributing factor as well .

If possible, borrow 2 x 8 GB dual channel memory and/or borrow a faster video card. Try friends, neighbors etc if necessary to get these "test" components. Replace the existing memory and/or video card with the borrowed ones.

If games now play better with either or both borrowed components...
Maybe several issues here.

First run the following under an elevated permissions (administrator rights) command prompt -

type in the command box sfc /scannow. This will check and fix any system file issues.

Uninstall the video card drivers and then run DDU in Safe Mode. This will ensure thorough removal of all video drivers.

(Re)install video card drivers.

How is the system now?

If still having problems, then suspect (some) issues may be due to insufficient memory and/or relatively under-powered video card.

Try installing a dual channel memory kit with 2 x 8 GB modules (total of 16 GB) instead.

Also, get a faster/better performing video card to replace the existing video card.

Note: if possible, try to borrow 2 x 8 GB dual channel kit from someone and also borrow a video card to check that these would improve the gaming experience before actually buying new memory and a new video card.

Mar 8, 2020
I will try doing the scan in the cmd tommorow.How to exactly remove the gpu drivers, only with DDU in safe mode?Also, i never had any spikes or problems in any game, and suddenly, stuttering always, so if scanning problems, reinstalling drivers doesnt work, i will definitely consider borrowing gpu.Also, if the solutions above dont work, should i buy 1x 8GB RAM or replace these two and add one more?

Normally you would uninstall the video driver via the control panel.
Then run DDU in Safe Mode.
Select Nvidia drivers.
Select Clean and Restart button.
Done (might boot back in Safe Mode).
Boot back into Normal Mode and (re)install the video drivers.

No. It is not recommended using just a single memory module (1 x 8 GB) as this will run in Single Channel mode and will affect performance.

You want Dual Channel mode to maximize system performance. This means having to use two memory modules from the same dual channel kit. Strongly recommend that you do NOT try to use two individual modules together (instead of two modules from a dual channel kit) as there is a high possibility of inter-module incompatibility. This would only complicate the issues.

So, if necessary (after running sfc and uninstalling/reinstalling video drivers and still having problems), it is recommended that a 2 x 8 GB dual channel kit be used in place of the existing 2 x 4 GB memory.

In summary.

Run SFC and uninstall and reinstall video drivers.
If computer still has issues running games, then -

replace the 2 x 4 GB modules with 2 x 8 GB modules form the same dual channel kit.
and maybe replace the existing video card with a higher performing video card.

But if the games now seem to run OK after running sfc and uninstalling/reinstalling video drivers, then it may not be necessary to replace the memory and video card (at this time).

Mar 8, 2020
I gone to NVIDIA Control Panel, enabled Vertical Sync and put Max FPS 59, and over performance and quality, i put balanced.The issue is nearly gone, still sttuters, but 80% less.I'll try your tips and will update with info.

Mar 8, 2020
Normally you would uninstall the video driver via the control panel.
Then run DDU in Safe Mode.
Select Nvidia drivers.
Select Clean and Restart button.
Done (might boot back in Safe Mode).
Boot back into Normal Mode and (re)install the video drivers.

No. It is not recommended using just a single memory module (1 x 8 GB) as this will run in Single Channel mode and will affect performance.

You want Dual Channel mode to maximize system performance. This means having to use two memory modules from the same dual channel kit. Strongly recommend that you do NOT try to use two individual modules together (instead of two modules from a dual channel kit) as there is a high possibility of inter-module incompatibility. This would only complicate the issues.

So, if necessary (after running sfc and uninstalling/reinstalling video drivers and still having problems), it is recommended that a 2 x 8 GB dual channel kit be used in place of the existing 2 x 4 GB memory.

In summary.

Run SFC and uninstall and reinstall video drivers.
If computer still has issues running games, then -

replace the 2 x 4 GB modules with 2 x 8 GB modules form the same dual channel kit.
and maybe replace the existing video card with a higher performing video card.

But if the games now seem to run OK after running sfc and uninstalling/reinstalling video drivers, then it may not be necessary to replace the memory and video card (at this time).

I ran the scan, no faults.I reinstalled the drivers sucessfully, it stutters way less, but there is still a little lag.Also i noticed in PUBG, when someone started shooting at me, my game freezed and when it unfreezed it said some internet error, i cant remember the exact name of the error, but something like Increased Latency...

OK.

If playing games while "online" (with internet connection required for playing some games?), then there may be an issue with a slow internet connection. I can't advise further on that as this is out of my area. Maybe someone else can advise regarding internet connections.

Suspect the video card may be "under-performing". Possibly the system memory might be a contributing factor as well .

If possible, borrow 2 x 8 GB dual channel memory and/or borrow a faster video card. Try friends, neighbors etc if necessary to get these "test" components. Replace the existing memory and/or video card with the borrowed ones.

If games now play better with either or both borrowed components installed (2 x 8 GB and video card), then maybe it is time to buy 2 x 8 GB dual channel kit to replace the existing 2 x 4 GB memory. And maybe buy a new faster video card (as well).

Solution
Mar 8, 2020
OK.

If games now play better with either or both borrowed components installed (2 x 8 GB and video card), then maybe it is time to buy 2 x 8 GB dual channel kit to replace the existing 2 x 4 GB memory. And maybe buy a new faster video card (as well).

Woah, i put two more 8gb sticks, with my 2x 4gb still intact, so i had 24gb RAM.It worked like a charm, not one little spike.Also i downloaded a little software to delete Memory Standby (Cache) every 10 minutes.
Thank you, i'm definitely buying 2x4gb or 2x8gb.

Good news!

So it appears the issue was (primarily) due to lack of memory (2 x 4 GB = 8 GB).

Especially these days, many games now require quite a lot of memory and 16 GB is now the "usual" memory.

Just a note that mixing memory may not always work due to possible inter-module incompatibility. In this case here with 2 x 4 GB AND 2 x 8 GB installed, you were fortunate in that they worked together!

Just to be sure of inter-module compatibility, it is recommended to get and use a 2 x 8 GB dual channel memory kit only. Otherwise there might be compatibility issues later on when mixing memory.