[SOLVED] Spiking, freezing and FPS drops with RX 570 ?

fcremona97

Commendable
Jul 5, 2018
So, my pc started having some problems, i usually use it to play games (csgo, rocket league), some weeks ago my fps started to go down, i thought that it was because of some windows/game update, then my pc started freezing while playing, it would freeze and lost connection to the display for a moment and come back to a black screen for a second, and it would be stack in that loop. So i started cheking my computer, doing test to my gpu, and didnt freeze at all (it went up to 76°C max, 100% usage). Now i found something weird, i was studying with music, i had only adobe opened with 2 tabs in chrome, one of them with a music video from yt, and when i scroll down in the pdf my gpu usage gets up to 50% and i it gets like laggy, the video starts freezing for a moment until i stop scrolling.
I cleaned it, also scaned for virus, update drivers, but i cant find a solution
Im thinking it would be a good idea to do a factory reset, but before that i would like to know other recomendations. This is my setup (ill link a userbenchmark test):

UserBenchmarks: Game 33%, Desk 69%, Work 27%
CPU: AMD FX-8320 - 63.1%
GPU: AMD RX 570 - 50.1%
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB - 89.5%
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB - 92.7%
RAM: Unknown 16GB - 28.4%
MBD: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/42452816

As you can see im also having problems with my ssd and my ram, dont know why or how to solve it

Solution
Well first thing to do is enable xmp or the amd equivalent on your motherboard, your ram is likely running at a very slow default speed., your description of the issue points to this as does your user benchmark.

Go into the bios and reactivate it.

DarkRaiden112

Prominent
Oct 1, 2020
Your cpu might be bottlenecking ur gpu causing the stutters, which games are you playing? My brother faced cpu bottlenecks with an rx 580 8gb even with a i7 4790 in some games

Myst_8362

Prominent
Mar 26, 2021
It’s your cpu, it’s bottleneck in the gpu so the gpu has to work harder to achieve your frame rate.
plus the thing crashing with 2 tabs is either a ram or cpu problem
im thinking cpu problem

Well first thing to do is enable xmp or the amd equivalent on your motherboard, your ram is likely running at a very slow default speed., your description of the issue points to this as does your user benchmark.

Go into the bios and reactivate it.

Solution