[SOLVED] Spilled Coffee on my PC's keyboard now the whole PC won't work?

daonlynamenottaken

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
hello, I spilled coffee on my keyboard as stated, but now the whole pc won't work. I bought a new keyboard but when I try to boot up my pc it goes to a blue screen that's title automatic repair.. "your pc did not start correctly" and no matter what I do I end up back at this screen. I'm very frustrated anything helps, im sure.

Solution
And not sure 100% but while this was all going down initially, i was trying to turn my comp on and off with the psu switch and when i turned it back on it all i think there mightve been a big light flick inside my tower

The keyboard has nothing to do with this, if you use the power switch to shut off the system without a proper shutdown it can cause issues with the file system or even damage the hard drive, especially if it's a platter drive.

That light flicker is also not good, but again nothing to do with the keyboard.

I'd grab another hard drive, and do a clean Windows setup on that see if things work on that.
D

Deleted member 14196

what are your pc specs? is this a laptop? usually for a desktop this would not ruin the whole pc.

daonlynamenottaken

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
Yes it is a PC thats why im so confused.
Cpu— coffee lake
Gpu - 1060
Ram - 16 gb 3000mhz
Psu - 550 w seasonic
Mobo - msi ultragaming 2.0
Ssd - 860 or somwthing
And not sure 100% but while this was all going down initially, i was trying to turn my comp on and off with the psu switch and when i turned it back on it all i think there mightve been a big light flick inside my tower

everseeker

Prominent
Oct 13, 2018
"...i think there mightve been a big light flick inside my tower..."
Oh dear lord that's not good
  1. a Genie is trying to materialize in your case
  2. Your PSU just shuffled off this mortal coil

Pick one...

The keyboard has nothing to do with this, if you use the power switch to shut off the system without a proper shutdown it can cause issues with the file system or even damage the hard drive, especially if it's a platter drive.

That light flicker is also not good, but again nothing to do with the keyboard.

I'd grab another hard drive, and do a clean Windows setup on that see if things work on that.

Reactions: daonlynamenottaken
Solution

TRENDING THREADS