[SOLVED] Spilled coffee on pc

Oct 8, 2021
So I just spilled black coffee on my pc, I shut it off immediately after it spilled, I’m not sure where all it spilled inside. I know some got on my graphics card and some on my mother board. I dried up what I could. Should I be worried about it being conductive after it dries? Is there anything else I need to do to make sure my parts are okay. I did try to clean some of the gpu with isopropyl alcohol, but it has seemed to kind of stain the card.

Solution
Best thing to use is found at the autoparts store. Looking for CRC electrical contact cleaner. It's isopropyl in a spray can.

Disassemble the pc, take the parts outside, lean them up against the wall and spray away. You can totally soak everything and the spray does a better job of flushing. Coffee is acid based, so best not left for long.

USAFRet

Titan
So I just spilled black coffee on my pc, I shut it off immediately after it spilled, I’m not sure where all it spilled inside. I know some got on my graphics card and some on my mother board. I dried up what I could. Should I be worried about it being conductive after it dries? Is there anything else I need to do to make sure my parts are okay. I did try to clean some of the gpu with isopropyl alcohol, but it has seemed to kind of stain the card.
You need to take it apart completely, and clean completely, any and all parts the liquid came in contact with.

Just letting it dry is NOT GOOD.
Just wiping off the surface layers is NOT GOOD.

Oct 8, 2021
You need to take it apart completely, and clean completely, any and all parts the liquid came in contact with.

Just letting it dry is NOT GOOD.
Just wiping off the surface layers is NOT GOOD.
I did take it apart I’m just unsure where it all spilled and how should I clean the parts

Danayel-Z32K

Prominent
Jul 14, 2020
Make sure no current is going through the electronics then wipe with a little isopropyl alcohol and pray nothing short-circuited.

Otherwise then.. well.. F

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Best thing to use is found at the autoparts store. Looking for CRC electrical contact cleaner. It's isopropyl in a spray can.

Disassemble the pc, take the parts outside, lean them up against the wall and spray away. You can totally soak everything and the spray does a better job of flushing. Coffee is acid based, so best not left for long.

Solution