[SOLVED] Spilled Coke on PC & a few drops got on to graphics card ?

Oct 12, 2021
So yeasterday I accidentally spilled coke on my pc. I instantly shut it of and then saw that a few drops got into my 2080 Ti. I panicked and took it apart and cleaned the small drops with acetone and then put it back together. After that the pc stoped booting , even into bios. The card still kind of works ( the leds lit up and the fans spin until a certain point ) but as i said it does not boot. No visible damage was done to the gpu. Is there a way I can save it beacuse it s a VERY expensive gpu and it’s not even mine it’ s my fathers. Help !

Solution
I panicked and took it apart and cleaned the small drops with acetone and then put it back together.
Acetone is probably not the best thing to be cleaning computer equipment with, as it tends to be corrosive and can dissolve some plastics. Isopropyl Alcohol is likely to be safer (ideally over 90%, though somewhat lower percentages can work with more drying time). Make sure everything is completely dry of all liquids before attempting the turn the system on though.
Oct 12, 2021
full system spec?
Hey! It actually wasn’t the gpu that wasn’t working, it was one ram card that just decided it doesn’t want to make contact anymore so I had to wipe it off and put it back in and it works. Apparently my lc is coke proof but has occasional mood swings.

I panicked and took it apart and cleaned the small drops with acetone and then put it back together.
Acetone is probably not the best thing to be cleaning computer equipment with, as it tends to be corrosive and can dissolve some plastics. Isopropyl Alcohol is likely to be safer (ideally over 90%, though somewhat lower percentages can work with more drying time). Make sure everything is completely dry of all liquids before attempting the turn the system on though.

Solution

Remeca

Reputable
I spilled coke onto a CRT monitor once, and a fair amount got inside. I air dried it for over a week, and started using again. It worked fine, but slowly got dimmer and dimmer over the next couple months until it totally stopped working. So make sure any residue is gone and doesn't cause damage down the road even if it works now.