Question Spilled cpu cleaner on my cpu

Sep 25, 2020
You can still see the area where the cleaning liquid made contact with the cpu but it looks very clean and dry. I have a suspicion that it is dry (drying for a couple hours now) but the cleaning solvent has left a permanent "mark"

Sep 25, 2020
Depending on what it's made of, it should be fine as long as it dried off. Otherwise you may need to clean it.
"Contains: Hydrocarbons C11-C14 n-alkanes isoalkanes, cyclics, <2% aromatics, d-limonene" . So it ain't alcohol based but i think it will be fine. Product name: akasa TIM clean

Sep 25, 2020
Only thing to worry about is if any was drawn under the heat spreader. That's only likely to happen if the spill is bad enough to be nearly immersed. But a longer dry time might be adviseable just to be sure all the benzine evaporates.
Yea it's been drying for like 5 hours now :)

Sep 25, 2020
As long as everything is dry you'll be fine. Won't hurt to put a hair dryer to the assembly (if it's assembled) on low heat high fan.
It dried for 5-6 hours and then there was no marks at all left, as new :) so I installed it put the cooler on. Still waiting on my power supply and GPU

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS