[SOLVED] spilled juice on my hyper x alloy rgb mechanical keyboard silver speed switches.

Help_seeker1234

Reputable
Sep 15, 2016
i spilled juice on my keyboard and when i did i instantly unplugged it and opened all the keycaps then cleans the juice with a cotton q-tip swab then cleaned all the keys by putting them in water and drying everything out after i reassembled my keyboard and it is working fine but the leds randomly turn on for different letters im not sure how to stop this

for example the type and such is fine the only problem is my keyboard has lights on the keycaps but now they just randomly turn on and start flickering if theres any way to fix this please let me know

Solution
This would be a problem with the keyboard's circuit board, not the key switches themselves, which have no RGB built into them, nor do they handle determining when the keyboard lights (the keyboard itself is deciding when and where to light based on when it receives the simple signal from the switch). If you've cleaned the circuit board itself and it was dry, it's unlikely that it's anything that can be resolved at this point.

DSzymborski

Titan
This would be a problem with the keyboard's circuit board, not the key switches themselves, which have no RGB built into them, nor do they handle determining when the keyboard lights (the keyboard itself is deciding when and where to light based on when it receives the simple signal from the switch). If you've cleaned the circuit board itself and it was dry, it's unlikely that it's anything that can be resolved at this point.

Solution