[SOLVED] Spilled juice on my keyboard

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020
So i spilled a LOT of orange juice on my keyboard, and its working since its waterproof, so can i clean it with wet wipes ? Dont tell me to use alchol since i dont have access to it.

Solution
So i spilled a LOT of orange juice on my keyboard, and its working since its waterproof, so can i clean it with wet wipes ? Dont tell me to use alchol since i dont have access to it.
I clean/sanitize my cheap key board with wet wipes all the time, but can you get down in between and under the caps to get it all?

It probably depends on your keyboard but you could also just run it under warm water to clean it out thoroughly. I've done that before to clean out spilled coffee. You have to drain well and leave to dry for quite a while after. Using a hair blow dryer can help speed it up but be careful about localized overheating.

Many times key caps can be easily popped off to gain access underneath too.
I clean/sanitize my cheap key board with wet wipes all the time, but can you get down in between and under the caps to get it all?

It probably depends on your keyboard but you could also just run it under warm water to clean it out thoroughly. I've done that before to clean out spilled coffee. You have to drain well and leave to dry for quite a while after. Using a hair blow dryer can help speed it up but be careful about localized overheating.

Solution

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020

Yea i finished cleaning and its clean and working, another question, can i clean the gpu with it? And hard drives etc ...

garryash

Distinguished
May 16, 2012
I have 2 systems - both with "Microsoft" keyboards. I clean my keyboards at least twice a year. unplug it first !!!!! GENTLY prize the keys up with the curved end of a nailfile ! Noting how the springs are fitted ! Use a clean duster with a small squirt of furniture polish ON THE DUSTER !! Give it a good wipe - including the underneath of the keys if the need it. Then carefully put it all back together. Job done. Good luck