[SOLVED] Spilled liquid but no damage?

monicatiptop

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
So i spilled soda on my macbook air. It primarily went on the number keyboards and air vent (I think that's what it's called). I've never had this done before, so stupid me wiped the soda off the computer and kept using it for about 40 minutes (when class was over). Then i decided to ask the internet if this was a big problem and only until then did I turn the computer off and flip it upside down. I was wondering if I should be concerned and what I should do to make sure that a problem doesn't arise. Thanks for your help!

Solution
Let it dry for 24-48 hours before using it again.
The primary issue is the chance of it shorting via the liquid, which you somehow avoided, which is good.
Your next challenge is somewhat worse though, since its not just water, but something sticky, there is a very good chance its going to get gunked up in there, but if its working for now, leave it and see what happens (after the 24-48h)
Let it dry for 24-48 hours before using it again.
The primary issue is the chance of it shorting via the liquid, which you somehow avoided, which is good.
Your next challenge is somewhat worse though, since its not just water, but something sticky, there is a very good chance its going to get gunked up in there, but if its working for now, leave it and see what happens (after the 24-48h)

Solution