Question Spilled some Liquid on my Hp Victus 15

Drapido

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
I spilled some ( not a lot but still a dangerous amount) of Malt on my laptop. Most of the liquid fell on the the middle of the keyboard close to the screen and some splashed over to the back and into the vent as well.

I immediately turned it off and inverted it. Took it home (took about a couple hours since i was at university) and opened it up and partially dissembled it (removed all the cables, ribbons and the battery , the cooler and the fans) . There was very slight visible spillage on the back side of the motherboard. A drop on near the middle of the board (on the bare board itself no components in that area) and some drops on the cooler itself and a drop over the ssds die. I wiped the entire board with alcohol swabs (only thing i had atm) and kept it open under a fan for around 24 hours.

I tried turning it on sometime ago and seems to work fine. However ive noticed that from the moment the pc starts booting there is a barely audible buzzing noise coming from the general area where the cpu is.

Initially i thought this noise was interference from the speakers because thats what it sort of sounds like.
But then i quickly found out it was coming from the board. Ive googled around a bit and there are some sites (including dell) that says that such a noise is common.
For example this site:
Im keeping the laptop powered off untill i can make sure that this noise isnt a short or something.

Some advice would be really helpful.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to add an audio clip of the noise that you're hearing. I'd go over the entire laptop's assembly(and disassembly) in case the fan might be pushing up against something. Now would also be a good time to inspect the cooler for any dirt or debris clogging the cooling assembly.

Drapido

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
You might want to add an audio clip of the noise that you're hearing. I'd go over the entire laptop's assembly(and disassembly) in case the fan might be pushing up against something. Now would also be a good time to inspect the cooler for any dirt or debris clogging the cooling assembly.

So I took the laptops cooler and fans out and replaced back making sure there wasn't anything not screwed in properly and then i restarted and recorded the noise.
Here are two separate recordings of the noise. Bear in mind they are almost inaudible amd i only noticed them because i had the back panel open at the time.

Drapido

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
i also made sure the motherboard was placed properly and checked the other side of the motherboard for any signs of spills as well and there seemed to be none.

TRENDING THREADS