[SOLVED] Spilled thermal compound on motherboard circuits

Nov 17, 2018
I was repasting the thermal compound on my dell XPS 15, and the compound had some pizza cheese drag effect and spilled onto my motherboard.

https://imgur.com/a/vFV7K3P

Image res is bad but there are circuits there (or whatever the lines on the motherboard are called haha)

I used arctic silver 5, said to be non electrically conductive, but it spilled way outside of where it normally should've spilled so I'm still kind of scared. I cleaned it the best I could but could not get it out of the tiny crevices of the circuits.

Should I leave it be or should I try as hard as I can to get it out?

Solution
wipe it away with an alcohol drenched cloth/cotton ball/paper towel/cotton swab. you could skip the alcohol altogether if its just on the PCB with no circuits

the alcohol will evaporate quickly. clean the part and leave it for a minute for evaporation time.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
wipe it away with an alcohol drenched cloth/cotton ball/paper towel/cotton swab. you could skip the alcohol altogether if its just on the PCB with no circuits

the alcohol will evaporate quickly. clean the part and leave it for a minute for evaporation time.

Solution