spilled thermal paste on socket 1150 pins

Stanislav Rago

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014
Hello guys I have huge problem. Previous owner put great amount of thermal paste on cpu. When I took it apart i spilled paste on socket pins. I have cleaned some of it with isoprophyl alcohol but it still under the pins. I was wondering should i try to run it or not. Thank you

http://prntscr.com/hin9f6

Solution
Short of taking it to a computer shop for consultation, you don't have much choice if you want to use the machine. I can't tell much from the picture. The dirty area might just be oxidation of the base material from the cleaner. Or it might be thermal paste that didn't get removed. You might try Arctic Arcticlean Thermal paste Cleaner. It isn't suppose to oxidize like isopropyl alcohol.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Short of taking it to a computer shop for consultation, you don't have much choice if you want to use the machine. I can't tell much from the picture. The dirty area might just be oxidation of the base material from the cleaner. Or it might be thermal paste that didn't get removed. You might try Arctic Arcticlean Thermal paste Cleaner. It isn't suppose to oxidize like isopropyl alcohol.

Solution