Question Spilled Vodka Lemonade on PC (won’t turn on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2022
Hey all,

I keep my PC on the ground at the side of my desk and I just accidentally knocked a glass of vodka lemonade right on top of it. I wiped the inside of it all out but when I tried to power it on the motherboard lights up but it seems like nothing else is getting power (fans aren’t spinning and it isn’t starting). Is the entire thing fried? Does the fact that the motherboard lights up suggest some hope? I plan on taking the components out and letting them sit for awhile in the morning. What else should I do and should I be freaking out like so am right now?

Thank You

Hey all,

I keep my PC on the ground at the side of my desk and I just accidentally knocked a glass of vodka lemonade right on top of it. I wiped the inside of it all out but when I tried to power it on the motherboard lights up but it seems like nothing else is getting power (fans aren’t spinning and it isn’t starting). Is the entire thing fried? Does the fact that the motherboard lights up suggest some hope? I plan on taking the components out and letting them sit for awhile in the morning. What else should I do and should I be freaking out like so am right now?

Thank You
Hope dies last.

Status
Not open for further replies.