[SOLVED] spilled water on gpu asking if the component is fried

alphabetsabc

Commendable
May 10, 2018
hello, i was in a hurry and accidentally spilled water on my gpu my pc was running at the time and i quickly turned it off. i am asking to see if my component is fried.
im not sure how to post the image as im on my phone atm. heres the link to the image: https://postimg.cc/2b4FWydC

Thank you for your feedback and support

Solution
The GPU looks good to me, unless your PC doesn't boot up or the temps on the GPU get super high, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Download Speedfan or another temperature monitoring program to check your GPU temps to make sure they aren't too high.

jackman9061

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
The GPU looks good to me, unless your PC doesn't boot up or the temps on the GPU get super high, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Download Speedfan or another temperature monitoring program to check your GPU temps to make sure they aren't too high.

Solution

alphabetsabc

Commendable
May 10, 2018
thank you for the quick response there were some water near the power supply, therefore I am drying out the case right now. I took the whole pc apart just to make sure everything dries out ill attempt to start the pc again later

CRITICALThinker

Distinguished
Generally PC components and water fare fairly well unless there is power to them, Linus (he didn't drop it) has dried out two laptops after leaving them out in the rain. If you turned the power off before any damage occurred and you dry it out properly, the chances it works fine is pretty high.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Oct 22, 2018
hello, i was in a hurry and accidentally spilled water on my gpu my pc was running at the time and i quickly turned it off. i am asking to see if my component is fried.
im not sure how to post the image as im on my phone atm. heres the link to the image: https://postimg.cc/2b4FWydC

Thank you for your feedback and support

If it was off then youll be fine as long as you give it a day or two to dry(you could probably do less but I'd do at least a day to be safe) My cat pissed all over my turned on system once. Suprisingly I managed to get everything to work and post eventually. But then threw out everything because of how bad it smelt

alphabetsabc

Commendable
May 10, 2018
If it was off then youll be fine as long as you give it a day or two to dry(you could probably do less but I'd do at least a day to be safe) My cat pissed all over my turned on system once. Suprisingly I managed to get everything to work and post eventually. But then threw out everything because of how bad it smelt
man that sucks unfortuntately Im sure you wouldve been able to sell it for at least half depending on how good the components of your pcs were lol seeing as there are broke college students like me who are willing to buy stuff for half as long as its working lol. Thanks for the advice I'm going to wait till tomorrow ive taken the pc apart and seems like all of it is dry but im not taking any chances so im waiting it out either way

alphabetsabc

Commendable
May 10, 2018
Generally PC components and water fare fairly well unless there is power to them, Linus (he didn't drop it) has dried out two laptops after leaving them out in the rain. If you turned the power off before any damage occurred and you dry it out properly, the chances it works fine is pretty high.
Thank you for the assurance I have my fingers crossed I havent turned it on yet im waiting till tomorrow to be safe

alphabetsabc

Commendable
May 10, 2018
Hello, Okay so I just put everything back together and the pc didnt turn on I thought it may be because of the power supply but after doing the paper clip test the PSU still ran and was wondering what may be some other factors to this?

EDIT: NVM IM AN IDIOT lol i plugged in the front panel to the wrong spot

Last edited:
Reactions: CRITICALThinker

TRENDING THREADS