Spilled water on K70

Mar 20, 2018
So today I have spilled some sugar-free tea on the keyboard (K70 LUX LED) for the first time in my life. With some panic I've noticed that all the LEDs have turned off in the matter of a seconds, so I unplugged it right away. Now, I've left it upside down drying with all the keycaps taken off. Planing to leave it for 48+ hours. Should I do something more or is it enough?

Solution

You can also physically remove the switches under each keycap and move them around if it persists. Take switches from the numpad and move them to main keys, etc.
Unplugging it and letting it dry was a great first step.
I would suggest getting some isopropyl alcohol and cleaning up any residue that may be left once it dries (water isnt an issue, but the tea might leave gunk).
After it dries for 48 hours, and youve confirmed its "clean" give it a shot.
If it works, but some keys dont work, you may have to pull the switches and clean them with alcohol as well.
If it dosent work, its probably done.

Mar 20, 2018
If its totally done, is there a chance, that I can go to my loca shop where i bought it and say that it just stopped working and just get another one? And is there any good way that after 48 hrs to get sure that I could make sure that it has cleaned and dried?

Mar 20, 2018

Ive cleaned the mobo with alcohol, now it works! Two buttons were sticky, now one is fine, the other one i dont use is still a little bit sticky. Few buttons sometimes react late, but im sure it will go through and be fine later on :)

You can also physically remove the switches under each keycap and move them around if it persists. Take switches from the numpad and move them to main keys, etc.

Solution