[SOLVED] Spilled water on my pc. Help!!

Aug 11, 2021
I need help! Yesterday I threw water on my tower. When that happened, my monitor froze, but everything inside the tower looked like it was still working, anyways I turned everything off, cleaned what i could with a towel and let the rest dry for a day. Now I tried to turned my tower and monitor on, but neither of both last more than 10 seconds on. Now I'm going to disarm my tower and see what is the problem, but I don't know what to do with the monitor. I really would like to know what to do.
About the tower, the GPU, the fan, everything seems to work, but I can not know because I doesn't last turned on.
Ass I saw the water was on the fan and maybe a little bit, but just a little bit on the mother board.
I would like to think that it is just the problem of the mother board and not of the cpu, but I dont't know. Help!!

Solution
I need help! Yesterday I threw water on my tower. When that happened, my monitor froze, but everything inside the tower looked like it was still working, anyways I turned everything off, cleaned what i could with a towel and let the rest dry for a day. Now I tried to turned my tower and monitor on, but neither of both last more than 10 seconds on. Now I'm going to disarm my tower and see what is the problem, but I don't know what to do with the monitor. I really would like to know what to do.
About the tower, the GPU, the fan, everything seems to work, but I can not know because I doesn't last turned on.
Ass I saw the water was on the fan and maybe a little bit, but just a little bit on the mother board.
I would like to think that...

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Any time that you spill water on and in a PC and it doesn't immediately blow up, you want to unplug it really quickly. Completely disassemble the areas that got wet if not the whole machine, then proceed to dry, blow out, and set up somewhere to dry at the very least overnight.
Even at that, the chance for damage is very high.

LazerTechX

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
I would like to think that it is just the problem of the mother board and not of the cpu, but I dont't know. Help!!

As for the monitor, you can try to let it sit under the sun for a few days or if you know how, open it and let the PCB get exposed to the sun. and if you have an electronics repair in your area that replaces capacitors and stuff like that, i would get it fixed there.

For the tower, disassemble everything including removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard and let the motherboard, gpu, and everything else that got splashed with water sit under the sun for a few days.

if they still don't work, there's a big chance that those are dead and i would imagine warranties don't cover water damage.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS