[SOLVED] Spilled water on pc, dried it and it works now but is asking to reinstall windows

Sipan9000

Honorable
Aug 10, 2015
Hello, I accidentally spilled a cup of water on my pc and since it has a mesh top it completely drowned the parts in water.

Fortunately I was able to turn it off and dry the parts and everything is working now except I have a major issue in that it wants me to reinstall windows.

I have some very important files and i cant risk losing them, I attempted to troubleshoot and restore but it said i have to install windows first, currently im on were it wants me to choose where to install windows and it seems to have create many partitions that I had nothing to do with.

I had to remove the cpu and gpu to dry them up, when I reinstalled and turned it all on it gave me a boot screen saying: new cpu installed. I did, however, take this time to install another ssd since it has been sitting around and I havent gotten to it.

Am I screwed or is there a way I can recover the pc or at least retrieve the files?

Sipan9000

Honorable
Aug 10, 2015
https://ibb.co/f8fMvZr

Here is a picture of the partitions.

Drive 0 partition 4 looks like it is my boot and main drive, its a samsung 970 evo m.2. It clearly shows there is maximum free space in it.

I dont know what the other partitions are but there is a 5th one thats not in the picture, drive 1 partition 2 which is my adata ssd and it shows 25.9gb free space out of 223gb which is what it was before. Im really confused and not sure what to do

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS