[SOLVED] Spilled water on pc, dried it and it works now but is asking to reinstall windows

Sipan9000

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2015
Hello, I accidentally spilled a cup of water on my pc and since it has a mesh top it completely drowned the parts in water.

Fortunately I was able to turn it off and dry the parts and everything is working now except I have a major issue in that it wants me to reinstall windows.

I have some very important files and i cant risk losing them, I attempted to troubleshoot and restore but it said i have to install windows first, currently im on were it wants me to choose where to install windows and it seems to have create many partitions that I had nothing to do with.

I had to remove the cpu and gpu to dry them up, when I reinstalled and turned it all on it gave me a boot screen saying: new cpu installed. I did, however, take this time to install another ssd since it has been sitting around and I havent gotten to it.

Am I screwed or is there a way I can recover the pc or at least retrieve the files?

Sipan9000

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2015
https://ibb.co/f8fMvZr

Here is a picture of the partitions.

Drive 0 partition 4 looks like it is my boot and main drive, its a samsung 970 evo m.2. It clearly shows there is maximum free space in it.

I dont know what the other partitions are but there is a 5th one thats not in the picture, drive 1 partition 2 which is my adata ssd and it shows 25.9gb free space out of 223gb which is what it was before. Im really confused and not sure what to do