spilled water on razer blackwidow keyboard

Jul 27, 2018
So I spilled about a fifth of a cup of water on my razer blackwidow chroma keyboard while it was on and I pressed a key to make sure it was working and it responded ok. Then I immediately unplugged it and flipped the keyboard upside down to remove the water and then I let it dry overnight. When I turned on my pc this morning the keyboard wasn’t working and it wasn’t being detected. However, the USB ports on the keyboard are working because my mouse is plugged into the keyboard and the mouse is working fine. Is there anything I can do to fix the keyboard?

Solution
If you'd replace the KB's PCB that you short circuited with conductive liquid (water), you can get your KB back to working conditions. As far as from where to find that specific PCB for your KB goes, that's up to you. I'd cope my losses and buy a new KB rather than going through all that hassle of finding a replacement PCB and replacing it.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
If you'd replace the KB's PCB that you short circuited with conductive liquid (water), you can get your KB back to working conditions. As far as from where to find that specific PCB for your KB goes, that's up to you. I'd cope my losses and buy a new KB rather than going through all that hassle of finding a replacement PCB and replacing it.

Solution