Question Laptop seems to lag after I spilled some juice on desk ?

May 14, 2021
Hello, on Monday I spilled juice on my desk and after I cleaned it up it my laptop was acting weird.

I didn't spill any on my keyboard, it just slightly splashed my laptop from the side, not into usb ports or into charger port. Now, I think, for example, labeling icons on the desktop is laggier than it was. I checked temperatures, but they are normal. Do you know what's causing this ?

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"labeling icons on the desktop is laggier than it was". Any specific icons.

More information and detail is needed.

Also update your post to include full laptop specs and OS information.

What did you do at the time of the spill? For example: just shut off the laptop, pull out the power cord, or something else?

Windows 10: Look in Reliability History for errors codes, warnings, or even informational events that appear on Monday or afterwards.

May 14, 2021
This:

"labeling icons on the desktop is laggier than it was". Any specific icons.

More information and detail is needed.

Also update your post to include full laptop specs and OS information.

What did you do at the time of the spill? For example: just shut off the laptop, pull out the power cord, or something else?

Windows 10: Look in Reliability History for errors codes, warnings, or even informational events that appear on Monday or afterwards.
Hello, my specs are: I5 7300HQ GTX1050 RAM MEMORY 16GB, on monday, when I cleaned up the juice, I opened start windows menu and it was bugging, icons from tiles disappeared and maybe after 20 seconds, start menu restarted and it was normal again. Next thing, I don't know if it just seems to me, but I feel like I have lower performance in games and shorter battery endurance, but i don't know how it's possible , because I didn't spill any juice on my keyboard. By the way, i did a sfc /scannow and I checked my HDD, if it's caused by HDD, but it didn't find any problems. I just found in my reilability history this:
Popis
Cesta k chybující aplikaci: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

Podpis problému
Název události problému: MoAppCrash
Úplný název balíčku: Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.19041.964_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Název aplikace: praid:App
Verze aplikace: 0.0.0.0
Časové razítko aplikace: 4fe0bcb3
Název chybného modulu: StackHash12_6ae
Verze chybného modulu: 0.0.0.0
Časové razítko chybného modulu: 00000000
Kód výjimky: 8007000e
Posun výjimky: 0
Verze operačního systému: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101
ID národního prostředí: 1029
Další informace 1: edd3
Další informace 2: edd39bd21ba2abe2a6f3d77f2b93a6d8
Další informace 3: dc8b
Další informace 4: dc8ba17d02c9b441f01f837467083b39

Další informace o tomto problému
ID sady: 018c33670992538b2a143e4eba0920c9 (1879195452369871049)

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model laptop?

Even if no juice got on the keyboard did you clean or wipe down the keyboard and laptop?

With the laptop powered off, carefully press keys a few times to determine if any are sticking or otherwise feel different.

If possible look in Update History for any failed or problem updates

Reinstall the laptop's keyboard drivers.

Use Resource Monitor and Task Manager (use both but only one at a time) to observe system performance. Determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%) and what is using any given resource.

Could well be something else has happened that is not related to the spill.

May 14, 2021
Make and model laptop?

Even if no juice got on the keyboard did you clean or wipe down the keyboard and laptop?

With the laptop powered off, carefully press keys a few times to determine if any are sticking or otherwise feel different.

If possible look in Update History for any failed or problem updates

Reinstall the laptop's keyboard drivers.

Use Resource Monitor and Task Manager (use both but only one at a time) to observe system performance. Determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%) and what is using any given resource.

Could well be something else has happened that is not related to the spill.
my model is Acer Nitro 515-51. I tried to press keys and any key didn't feel sticky while pressing it. I think in resource monitor and task manager is everything fine, because i have turned my chrome and discord on and my CPU is about 24% usage, but another thing, when I am calling with my friend through discord and when i open some program after maybe half an hour when i'm doing nothing on my laptop (only watching twitch.tv for example), like task manager or something like that, my friend's voice will lag for maybe 1 sec. It looks like it's by HDD but i also did drive defragmentation and a while ago i checked my keyboard drivers and they're up to date and the best for my laptop it says but good to say is when i plug my charger in the laptop, it runs much smoother than on battery

Last edited: