Question Spilt coffee on pc

GarretJean

Commendable
Aug 19, 2019
I was playing on my newly build pc and while not paying attention knocked some coffee right on top of it. Most of it didn’t go into the case but some of it did go into the radiator nothing happend on screen but I immediately turned it off and unplugged everything then flipped it upside down so it wouldn’t go deeper and touch the mother board I haven’t turned it on yet what is the chances it will survive and what should I do before I turn it on I checked for any visible coffee but didn’t see any on the motherboard or gpu

Ralston18

Titan
I would rotate the case from side to side / end-to-end while watching for any coffee that may have pooled somewhere.

Have an absorbent rag handy that will draw in or otherwise soak up any liquid that appears.

Be sure that the pc is completely dry and I think all should be well.

GarretJean

Commendable
Aug 19, 2019
If it was black coffee, let it dry completely before powering it up again.

If it had sugar/cream in it you should disassemble and clean it if you see any stains on any components.
It had sugar in it and I looked for any stains and I did find one on the motherboard how should I go about cleaning it?

RealBeast

Titan
I would use either distilled water or isopropyl alcohol, stuff that will not leave a residue. Just allow it to completely dry before powering up.

I've often used a shower head to clean a really dirty KB, then some distilled water, then a hairdryer on low. Works fine. Just be gentle with the parts, especially any sockets/connectors.

GarretJean

Commendable
Aug 19, 2019
I would use either distilled water or isopropyl alcohol, stuff that will not leave a residue. Just allow it to completely dry before powering up.

I've often used a shower head to clean a really dirty KB, then some distilled water, then a hairdryer on low. Works fine. Just be gentle with the parts, especially any sockets/connectors.
Used 99% isopropyl alcohol cleaned all the sticky parts I could find waited half an hour just to be sure it dissolved although I heard it dissolves super fast booted it up and works fine and temps seem normal anything I should watch out for?