[SOLVED] Spilt Tea in my PC.. help with certain issue please

Dec 27, 2019
Ok so I've always figured things out on my own but this is beyond me and I can't really research it because it's so specific.
So a few days ago I accidentally dropped an entire glass of tea right in the top of my tower.. S@#$ happens ya know.. took everything apart and cleaned/dried out the best I could, the only problems I seen right away is
My pc took about 5 seconds to boot normally now it sits at windows screen for about ten mins before finally coming on.

After it's on a few games and browser all work perfectly but I usually only play league of legends and it would not pull up so I'm currently reinstalling that beast of a download. While doing so I've realized My steam is also corrupt so I was trying to delete files for repair and everytime I right click with Windows explorer open I get the blue pinwheel into not responding. the second time I tried My op system or whatever you wanna call it in the background disappeared (tool bar, icons, wallpaper, everything except task manager and the league client) for a few seconds and then came back. I have multiple hardrives so the only thing I can guess is that parts of my main hard drive are corrupt, would I be correct in assuming this or anybody have any different thoughts? Any help is appreciated thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Do you know anyone with internet?

They can download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB.

Then you don't have to take it to another persons house as all you do then is install win 10. We normally suggest removing all drives except C as Windows likes to put its boot partition in any free space is can find and if the other drive fails, windows won't boot

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/ or get them to print it out :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
i added a space

I think you lucky that only damage you got could be the hdd. Super slow boot sure sounds like PC is waiting for something to reply, and it normally times out on all devices except drives before then.

What brand hdd is it? we can run tests on it

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019
Oh for sure I honestly can't believe this thing is working im on it now, I'm not sure which hardrive is the main one that contains my os, one is sandisk and the other two are closed into the casing and I can't see them. I'm searching through system info but idk if it will even say that in here.

btw I apologize if this isn't the right category for thread never used a forum before

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019
Yes all three are hdd I don't have an SSD, I had to give up last night I had been at it since 10pm and it was 5am lol as of now I've finally gotten windows explorer to work long enough to find out my main hdd C: drive is corrupt and I'm running a windows repair on it now but I'm assuming with that being the drive that contains my OS this will probably take a very long time, here's hoping.

Also a side note, I can't download any softwares as I don't have internet out where I live, I use my phone to play league and watch videos late at night but that's about all I can do at around 200kbps at 11:30pm

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
unless other drives are full, i would be tempted to just put win 10 on it instead but do you even have an installer since you don't have internet?

10 minutes to boot makes me think drive is going bad so I wouldn't use it for anything valuable and would try to copy stuff off it.

Dec 27, 2019
I honestly don't know how to do that lol i wouldn't be able to anyway not having internet I could take it to someone's house but I don't wanna be there for hours not knowing what I'm doing and end up getting stuck because of how it's running

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you know anyone with internet?

They can download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB.

Then you don't have to take it to another persons house as all you do then is install win 10. We normally suggest removing all drives except C as Windows likes to put its boot partition in any free space is can find and if the other drive fails, windows won't boot

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/ or get them to print it out :)

Solution