Spilt water on gtx 1060 while running

Luscion

Honorable
Feb 4, 2015
I was watching a video on youtube when i noticed by main monitor started to cut out then 2 secs later showed red lines.I immediately turned off the computer and plugged out the graphics card to notice that there was water on a small spot on the pcb. i wiped it and left it to dry for 20mins. tried putting it back to see if it would work, the fans spin on start up but stop after i get my successful boot beep. i am now leaving it to dry in a fairly hot place hoping that it will eventually work again. i'm i hoping for no reason and its dead?

Solution
Well, it shorting out and crashing while it was running is not a good sign. Then you plugged it back in and turned it on before it had a chance to fully dry (24h+ at least).
I would say there is a very large chance it is a dead card, there shouldnt be any damage to the rest of the system, but thats a risk too.
I would be extremely surprised if it works.
Well, it shorting out and crashing while it was running is not a good sign. Then you plugged it back in and turned it on before it had a chance to fully dry (24h+ at least).
I would say there is a very large chance it is a dead card, there shouldnt be any damage to the rest of the system, but thats a risk too.
I would be extremely surprised if it works.

Solution

Luscion

Honorable
Feb 4, 2015
i did put it in the oven for 10mins to dry out before putting it back in but like you said that was way too short of a time huh? i'm going to let it dry out for 24hrs before i decide to get another gpu but like you said, i'd be surprised.