Spire Announces SkyMax GPU Cooler With 3 Fans, 5 Heatpipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Is this not compatible for the AMD 7000 series? That would seem like a step backwards, to me.[/citation]
As those cards are brand new, they probably haven't had time to confirm but as far as I know the PCB of stock 7xxx series cards are virtually the same as 6xxx cards so it should fit the majority if not all stock boards. nVidia's new cards are also not mentioned either.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
i feel they try to hard to cram in ewery micro space for cooling the chipp. i cinda feel its simpler and better to get a closed water cooled chip instead. altho the money do burn faster if you do : (

for $10 more you can get the much better, much quieter Zalman (only problem is that it only comes in green... really, what were they thinking): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118094

$25 more you get a near silent Arctic Cooling (granted the ram heatsinks get it bad reviews, but the cooler itself is epic): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186048

The only advantage to this new one is if it happens to be thin enough to run SLi or xFire on a normally spaced mobo, which the other 2 cannot.

silveralien81

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]What's the airflow on these? I'd like to know where it blows out the air before building my desktop computer.[/citation]
Look at it, it blows out air on all sides.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]silveralien81[/nom]Look at it, it blows out air on all sides.[/citation]

Huh, that's going to be an interesting task when I'm building my own desktop case.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]What's the airflow on these? I'd like to know where it blows out the air before building my desktop computer.[/citation]
you need to read the article again...slower this time and you will be able to comprehend what you are reading :)

Soul_keeper

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I was looking at the thermalright shaman
it seems to win in most reviews, yet get no attention (which is common for thermalright).

Why doesn't newegg ever have thermalright products in stock anymore ?

Status
Not open for further replies.