Spire Reveals the PowerCube 702 Mini-ITX Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the power supply is not junk(for instance, the SilverStone SG05 came with a decent 300 watt power supply.) the price may be ok.

If you have to replace the power supply and do not mind a slightly larger case, May as well get the SG05 because by it self it can be had for cheap(or picked up with a 300 or 450 watt power supply).

The case design still seems interesting.

PSU isn't probably something not too good. All I can find is that the 12v rail is 14A (168w), so that is probably a pretty weak PSU, especially since it's an SFX form factor too. You can look some info up HERE. It's at the bottom of the chart.

jrstriker12

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

Looks cheap the way the front cover attaches to the rest of the case and the way the silver trim just stops.

I like cases with clean and simple lines, but this one just doesn't appeal to me.

Shame....
Seasonic gets 270 watts out of its 300 watt SFX units. FSP gets 264 from its 300 watt SFX(One I have used for 3 years 24/7 without issues.).

Firion87

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
I'm putting right now the finishing touches on my own case mod, the base was a Epox Mini Me. To be honest almost every single hole and the whole layout design on this cage seems to be copied from the Epox Mini Me. Except that one had a narrower motherboard an could fit two cards (single slot gpu on agp and single slot pci) so this one seems to be same as wide just with the normal mini-itx board capable of fitting a single slot gpu. And not to forget to mention it was made of much thicker Aluminum.

I would call it closer to the SG05(because of the way the HDD mounts :) ). Either way. you should send me a PM with images of your case mod. Always interested in a good mod :)

Status
Not open for further replies.