SPL140mm on NZXT Kraken x61

Kostas_11

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
Hello. I bought kraken x61 without fans on it but i happen to have 2x SPL140mm fans (the ones h115i has). As most of you know they peak at 2200rpm so yes its very loud. Will i be able to control the rpm via CAM software and put them at 1600-1800 rpm? Also do you think that they are not that good at those rpm? Thanks

Solution
Those fans are not good in general. Check out the be quiet! Silent Wings 3 or the Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 2000 or 3000. The fans that come with that cooler are some of the best available if you can find them.

Also, I don't have the hard data to back it up, but the Fractal Design Dynamic GP14s are worth a look. The GP12s perform ridiculously well on the Celsius S24, so the GP14s should do well on the x61. They won't be as good as the GP12s, but they should be close.

Regardless, all PWM fans can be controlled the same way. You won't have any issues using any PWM fan with that cooler.
Those fans are not good in general. Check out the be quiet! Silent Wings 3 or the Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 2000 or 3000. The fans that come with that cooler are some of the best available if you can find them.

Also, I don't have the hard data to back it up, but the Fractal Design Dynamic GP14s are worth a look. The GP12s perform ridiculously well on the Celsius S24, so the GP14s should do well on the x61. They won't be as good as the GP12s, but they should be close.

Regardless, all PWM fans can be controlled the same way. You won't have any issues using any PWM fan with that cooler.

Solution