Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory demo.

Got it on a magazine cover disk. Looks great I have to say, far more than a
mission pack which is what the last one essentially was. The GFX have been
overhauled, it looks very much like Thief:DS / Riddick now. Lots of bump
mapping, shiny rock textures with water streaming over. The level in the
demo is around a lighthouse at night, in a storm.

Plays very much the same, the AI seems to be more forgiving in some senses.
The various vision modes have been overhauled and look even better.

Still basically a linear trek through a series of sneaking puzzles though.

"OnePunchMickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Got it on a magazine cover disk. Looks great I have to say, far more than
> mission pack which is what the last one essentially was. The GFX have been
> overhauled, it looks very much like Thief:DS / Riddick now. Lots of bump
> mapping, shiny rock textures with water streaming over. The level in the
> demo is around a lighthouse at night, in a storm.
>
> Plays very much the same, the AI seems to be more forgiving in some
> senses.
> The various vision modes have been overhauled and look even better.
>
> Still basically a linear trek through a series of sneaking puzzles though.

Not so linear. I have yet to score 100%, but have finished the mission
several times. There are fixed goals, but there are multiple ways to reach
them, and you are not forced to go any one way either, in most cases. You
can see in the trailer for the game Sam is hanging from the lighthouse, and
pulls the dude over the edge, well I managed to do that, and it was quite
satisfying. Better than just running up and knocking him off right away.

shawk

rms wrote:
>>>Got it on a magazine cover disk.
>

> Which mag? I'd like to get a copy.
>
> rms

Got mine on PC Gamer DVD March 05 (issue number 146).

--
I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
'done it'...

rms wrote:

>>> Got it on a magazine cover disk.
>
> Which mag? I'd like to get a copy.
>
> rms

It's on this month's PC Zone which is a UK mag.