Split audio streams on 2 outputs (Standard/HDMI)

nbarraille

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
Hello,

I have a Radeon HD5850 with a HDMI output that is plugged on my HDTV, I am using Win 7 and the last Catalyst drivers.

The video is working just fine (extended desktop, I can play a movie on the TV while playing a game on my monitor on the other desktop) but I have a problem separating the audio streams.

Is there a way (built in windows, ati driver or external program...) to send the audio stream of some applications (the movie basically) on the HDMI output, and the streams of other applications on my regular audio output at the same time?

Usually on Win7 when you have 2 sound cards you can just set one as default, launch your program, then set the other one as default and launch the other programs and that will do the trick (the streams stay on the output that was the "default output" when they were launched). But with the HDMI of the Radeon, when I switch the default adapter, all the sound is switched...

Do not hesitate to ask if it's confusing. I'll try to explain better.

Thank you!

Nathan

Phaedrus567

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
I realize this thread has been dormant since last year. But I have been looking for the exact same bit of information and either can't get the right keyword terms or no one is talking about it.

Did you find any information Nathan, or can anyone else direct us to some helpful websites?

In my case, I have a headset I play games with, but my Radeon 5850 would export sounds from a streamed TV show. The computer can handle both, but I can only divert all sounds based on which audio device is set to default.

Thank you

nbarraille

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
Hi,
No I didn't find any way to do this...
At that time the Radeon driver did not allow this. Maybe now the newer version offers this, but I doubt it. You can try to ask on the ATI forum.

As I use XBMC, there is a built-in option to specify the audio output, so I use this.

Nathan

Smokey_92

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
Just go to options in your media player and go devices , go to speaker and choose the ati hdmi output and push ok . close the media player , open a Movie and Done. ps adjust the sound of your TV :p.

Grtz Smokey

AC-Suchti

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
No, with this options you just can see every of your audio devices instead of only one of them! Without enabling this option, you have one audio device which every soudn output signal uses. With this option you can put the different programms on your different Output devices if this programm has such an option.

Apr 6, 2017

Well, there IS a solution.

However, be warned, the site that contains the solution doesn't have an http:// or an https:// header before www.example.com

Here's the site --> http://www.chevolume.com/

All I can say is that Norton (the chrome extension) only specified it being safe (OK) but there weren't any user ratings or anything.

ONLY ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!

P.S, I still don't trust it even if it is from France.

Be very careful.