triasadi

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
Hi,
So I swapped my motherboard from a Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 to a GA-P75-D3. I used to be able to select two playback devices with my old motherboard (GA-H61M-DS2), so one for the rear panel, and one for the front.

I used a Realtek HD Audio Manager and set Disable front panel jack detection:
hSetxvX.png

And I selected Separate all input jacks.. :
r9cXaLY.png

I tested the audio and the playback for the front and rear audio is the same:
hwXeoIs.png

Is there a way to seperate the front and rear panel to use a different audio playback? Or does the new motherboard (GA-P75-D3) not support this feature?

Solution
Newer devices may or may not support newer features. Older devices may no longer be supported or not fully supported.

If something is not supported then relevant settings may appear "greyed out" or perhaps not appear at all.

There could also be some hardware mismatches (TR, TRS, TRRS) and the standards being used.

FYI:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

I.e., the physical connections may exist but the pinouts are not recognized by the host device. So the host does not "see" the sound card, speakers, etc..

The new motherboard is the starting point. Determine what audio features and functions are supported.

If supported then it becomes a matter of having both the correct drivers and...

Lutfij

Titan
Out of curiosity, did you reinstall the OS after you migrated from the older motehrboard to the new motherboard? The audio chip is still made by Realtek, so is the drivers, so the option for splitting audio is still going to be there.

triasadi

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
So, you were able to play discrete sound sources separately from the front or back back, at the same time?
I used to be was able to select front and rear from here. Right now its playing the audio in front and rear panel at the same time
swHnH0Z.png

Out of curiosity, did you reinstall the OS after you migrated from the older motehrboard to the new motherboard? The audio chip is still made by Realtek, so is the drivers, so the option for splitting audio is still going to be there.
I didn't reinstall windows, but I'm not having any other issues so far, just this one. But I did reinstall the realtek audio driver from the Gigabyte's site to match the new motherboard.

What version GA-P75-D3 ?
vr9qNpt.png

I think its 1.0 since there isn't any version written on the board

triasadi

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017

Ralston18

Titan
Newer devices may or may not support newer features. Older devices may no longer be supported or not fully supported.

If something is not supported then relevant settings may appear "greyed out" or perhaps not appear at all.

There could also be some hardware mismatches (TR, TRS, TRRS) and the standards being used.

FYI:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

I.e., the physical connections may exist but the pinouts are not recognized by the host device. So the host does not "see" the sound card, speakers, etc..

The new motherboard is the starting point. Determine what audio features and functions are supported.

If supported then it becomes a matter of having both the correct drivers and the applicable configuration settings in place.

What make and model "old" sound card are you using now? That information may prove helpful.

Solution