Question Split second frame rate drops, happening in many games.

Jan 14, 2023
Hi guys, I´m fairly new to the community!

Basically, recently I´ve noticed in several games I´m getting split second frame rate drops (basically split second freezes where the game drops to 0 fps and effectively freezes for a fraction of a second). There´s no obvious reason why this should be, although some of the games are high end games, some of the games in which I experience it are not games that should be even remotely challenging for my system. Examples of games in which I have noticed this are RDR2, Rocket League, Lego Star Wars and Horizon Zero Dawn. I have updated my BIOS, have installed the latest drivers and reinstalled the latest drivers. I´ve also done system checks on my memory and hard drives.

It´s really frustrating. Here are a couple of screenshots of the task manager (specifically the GPU and CPU) during these miniature freezes.

FPS-dip-1.png

FPS-dip-2.png

System specs are as follows:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (8GB Dedicated Memory)
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
TUF Gaming B550-PLUS Motherboard
24GB RAM, DDR4, 3000mhz (X2 8GB, X2 4GB)

Jan 14, 2023
Hi guys, I´m fairly new to the community!

Basically, recently I´ve noticed in several games I´m getting split second frame rate drops (basically split second freezes where the game drops to 0 fps and effectively freezes for a fraction of a second). There´s no obvious reason why this should be, although some of the games are high end games, some of the games in which I experience it are not games that should be even remotely challenging for my system. Examples of games in which I have noticed this are RDR2, Rocket League, Lego Star Wars and Horizon Zero Dawn. I have updated my BIOS, have installed the latest drivers and reinstalled the latest drivers. I´ve also done system checks on my memory and hard drives.

It´s really frustrating. Here are a couple of screenshots of the task manager (specifically the GPU and CPU) during these miniature freezes.

FPS-dip-1.png

FPS-dip-2.png

System specs are as follows:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (8GB Dedicated Memory)
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
TUF Gaming B550-PLUS Motherboard
24GB RAM, DDR4, 3000mhz (X2 8GB, X2 4GB)
I say its fine because most GPUs experience lag/fps spikes. It happens to me sometimes. If you are overclocking your gpu it is common and possible for spikes like that to happen.

Jan 14, 2023
I say its fine because most GPUs experience lag/fps spikes. It happens to me sometimes. If you are overclocking your gpu it is common and possible for spikes like that to happen.

I mean, it's not fine xD It's really annoying. The least you want with a gaming machine is smooth gameplay, especially on titles that aren't very demanding.

Feb 28, 2024
Hi,

Just wondering if you ever found a solution for this issue. My PC has very similar specs and I experience the same issue when running low maintenance games like League Of Legends. My game suddenly drops from 120 fps to 18 causing my game to freeze then suddenly go back to normal (This occurs many times during a session). If you found a fix please let me know, it would help me out so much.

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS