[Sponsored] Win A Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

hevix

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Would love to upgrade my windforce gtx 770.. it's been good to me but I'm ready to break through that 2gb barrier!

blue17echo

Reputable
Jul 23, 2014
I'm curious why so many of these contests seem to exclude Rhode Island. I don't live there so its no issue to me, but I can't help be wonder why.

Rhode Island has specific law on the books requiring any sweepstakes with a prize worth more than $500 to file with their government, and also pay $150 in filing fees. Basically, people exclude Rhode Island because that law makes it a pain in the ass to run the contest, and it's easier to just exclude them then file there.

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
Well the exclusion of the Million people living in Rhode island is just a drip compared to all the people in the rest of the world who cannot enter. for example there are 500M people living in the european union alone who cannot enter.

Given they have to ship it to whoever wins, it makes since to me to limit it to a single country so as not to have to mess with customs forms and international shipping. I wouldn't expect to be allowed to enter contests in Europe for PC parts either.

pills161

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
"Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s consent to the Sponsor's use of his/her name, likeness, voice, opinions.". Lol yeah ok

VirusShell

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
6. Prizes (provided by GIGABYTE):
One (1) GTX 980 G1 Gaming Graphics Card - approximate retail value: $270

7. The approximate total retail value of the prizes is $270.

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hello all,

I'm sorry, we had an error in the price in the rules (as many of you have pointed out). This has been corrected to be the actual value of $630.

Thank you again for letting us know!
Justin

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
Lol they sell your personal info next thing you know your name address show up on websites and telemarketers stat calling you.

That's...not how this works, we promise! No one is selling anyone's information.

Honestly it seems more likely they just want to be able to use your name etc. if you win to say "Congrats to John Doe for winning.". Then maybe add a response from the winner maybe. I doubt its anything malicious.

Not to mention pretty much all that information is out already anyways.

As for the people commenting calling the contest "Racist" and crap, you need to stop acting so childish. A company is giving a way something that will cost them $630, this is a kind thing for them to do. They aren't willing to pay for the fee to run the contest in Rhode Island and do the paper work for that, what makes you think they have the time and money to fill out the customs forms and pay the expensive shipping to somewhere in Europe? Even if they could, why should they bother? They are giving something away, why make more trouble for them? Companies give things away in Europe too, and I am sure when they do they don't include the North or South America for the same reasons. We might wish they did, but we don't go about calling them racist, that's just ridiculous. There isn't any reason for going on as much as you are about not getting to enter for the prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.