Question Spontaneous Monitor Disconnection

Mar 28, 2020
For a while now, my monitor will randomly disconnect from my computer. I still get sound, and can interact with the screen but all I see is a black screen saying my monitor has no signal and will enter sleep mode without input. As far as I can tell, there is no way to get the connection back without restarting my computer. The same time this happens, my case fans also get louder than usual. I can't tell if they get faster, but I don't think so. This happened about three times in one weekend two months ago, then was fine up until about four days ago and now it is happening more frequently. About 1 or 2 times every three-ish hours. It also doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing. It's happened in the middle of a game, while browsing the internet, or just sitting on the desktop. I'm not entirely sure what is causing the problem. I've tried connecting my monitor to my graphics card with both displayport and hdmi, but the problem persists. I've also tried using different ports on my graphics card as well. I ran a diagnostic on my graphics card without issue, so I don't think that's the problem but I don't really know. I think the problem might be with my power supply or motherboard, but don't have a good way to test if it is without replacing the parts.

If anyone has a good way to test what might be issue, please help. I can provide a parts list if needed.

*Not sure if this is related, but I've also had issues with the headphone/mircophone connections, where I will get I lot of static and random changes in volume. The fact this also happens makes me think something might be wrong with my motherboard, but I really don't know how to test this. Nothing appears to be visually wrong with it.