May 20, 2020
Hello
I'm hoping you will be able to help me narrow down the culprit for my issue, i've done what I can/know how to do to try and get a definitive answer as to which part of my PC is causing the problems. It's probably worth noting that I recently transferred my OS to my SSD, using Macrium reflect (Not sure if related). I was initially having issues with my SSD after moving my OS to it, mainly in the form of system hangs. After redoing the move over, the systems hangs are gone. I'm now left with this issue.

The Issue (Short Version)
  • Spontaneous restarts at seemingly random intervals
PC Specs
  • CPU - AMD FX6300 black edition 6 core (4yrs old - original setup)
  • GPU - AMD RX 570 - Sapphire - Nitro + (2.5yrs old - same time as PSU)
  • PSU - Raidmax - Cobra Power 600W RX-600AE, 80 + Gold (2.5yrs old - same time as GPU)
  • RAM - 8GB - DDR3 (4yrs old - original setup)
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte 970A-D3P (4yrs old - original setup)
  • Windows 10 - 64 bit
  • SSD (with OS) - Crucial MX500 250GB (2yrs old)
  • Never used overclocking
What I've Tried (Basic easy stuff)
  • Driver updates & rollbacks for GPU + audio/windows updates/wifi card etc
  • Windows Memory diagnostic (fine)
  • SSD scans
  • sfc \scannow
  • Quick Virus Scans (Windows defender)
  • Given the whole thing a damn good clean
The Issue (Long Version)
Spontaneous Reboots
Happens at random intervals, usually when playing a game. Has happened both on start of new process/application and at random during use. PC turns off and on very quickly (3 or 4 times faster than usual), I don't get warning or the classic 'restarting screen', just a single clicking noise and then a blank screen. When it reboots, it boots normally, just at a faster pace. These come with the 'Kernel Power' Error which says "Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance". (The event ID of that is 172) Frequency wise, I can expect this to happen 1-3 times in a day.

Solution
It would be kinda pointless to even begin to try and troubleshoot all of this without trying a clean install of Windows 10 first. If that fix all the issues you don't have to go further.