Spook DVD Drive (W/SCSI Raid Controler)

A little while back I downloaded and installed CloneCD and Alcohol
120% at the suggestion of tech tv's call for help (not
simultaneously). Now every time I boot the computer My Computer shows
an AVX SCSI DVD disk as being installed and device manager shows a
SCSI/Raid host controler as being installed.

My computer is a Pavillion 7935 with no ad in cards. I can't use
system restore because every time it gets about 25% of the way through
the process and quits with the message cannot restore from this
restore point.

I've tried deleting the entries in device manager but the next time I
reboot they're back.

Obviously there's something that's telling the computer that these
things are installed. I need to find and delete it.

All suggestions welcome.

Please don't feed the trolls

--
L.J. LaMere
Lansing, Michigan

When the question is "Why do they---"
The answer is money
--
USA

When you go to System Restore, do you use the left arrow above the
calendar to go back a month or so? That worked for me. When you delete
something do you send it to the recycle bin? Then empty the recycle bin and
it should not come back. Hope this is what you meant.